- To plant and cultivate local and unusual varieties of fruit.
- To be open and free for the public to enjoy.
- To encourage wildlife to inhabit the area.
- To provide an educational resource for local schools.
- To be used as a meeting place for local events such as Apple Days.
- To raise awareness of orchard projects.
- To promote the health benefits of eating fruit.
- To encourage people to plant fruit trees in their own gardens.
The project has been made possible by donations from many generous local residents and organisations who have sponsored individual trees, as well as support from Three Rivers District Council, the Friends of Chorleywood House Estate and the Countryside Management Service.
If you would like to help us maintain the Orchard or get involved in any way, please let us know by clicking on Contact Us.